Friday, June 29, 2007

Passion for Products = Pull the Trigger ?

Recent "doh!" moments include:

Not being long AAPL or APOL, both companies that I expressed a view on in the fall based on their product. And how could I have gotten so turned around on RIMM? I got so focused on fraud that I forgot that I am addicted to their product. I love these companies' toys (and the concept of online education), but for whatever reason I didn't bite.

And the most embarrassing of all...not buying NTDOY.PK after a friend foolishly convinced me to exit SNE because Nintendo's product was better (and impossible to get). I now have the Wii, love it, and am hesitant to jump in becaused I missed a double to this point...probably be kicking myself for missing another double in 12 months...

aaah. Growth is hard. But I love voice-recognition stuff, biotech plastics, and maps, so I guess I sometimes chase products (NUAN, MBLX and NVT).

Maybe that is why I am not a stock-picker and a student instead.

No comments: