Monday, July 9, 2007

Movies are Better than Math

I saw a great performance by the Decemberists and the LA Philharmonic on Saturday night...the combination of lyrics and the orchestra created an almost film-like vibe as the words and sounds transformed into images.

And then the next night I saw this concept perfected in the absolutely beautiful film Once. The film broke my heart and made me dream at the same time.

It also made me realize again (for the billionth time) that creating something worth sharing in the world is far more valuable than coming up with some theory on the inverse of Beta to the Aleph Naught...

Anyway, if you haven't you should absolutely see this movie.



2 comments:

Student said...

YOU already ARE something worth sharing with the world!!
Love you

DAL said...

Thanks sis. You are too...ok. now back to predicting doom.